- In the past year, have you stayed in a nursing home?
- What aid, if any, do you usually use to walk on a level surface? No aid, cane, crutches, walker or wheelchair.
- Does your health now limit you in these activities and if so, how much?
- Vigorous activities such as running, lifting heavy objects
- Lifting or carrying groceries
- Climbing several flights of stairs
- Bending, kneeling, stooping
- Walking more than a mile
- Waking several blocks
- Walking one block
- Bathing or dressing yourself
- Can you feed yourself?
- Can you dress and undress yourself?
- Can you take a bath or shower?
- Can you do your own grocery shopping?
- Can you keep track of your own medicine?
Depressing questions all. This is the future? My mom and dad in their late 80s needed help with many of these things. Now, my dad at 96 years of age, needs help with ALL of these items.
Fortunately, I currently have the 'right' answer to all of these questions. Even with my temporarily over medicated problems.